Thursday, August 20, 2015

Writing Updates!

I finished the first draft of a parallel story/sequel to My Dad Invented a Time Machine. It's tentatively titled A Victim of Time Travel. I like the title, but it gives too much away. If you've read My Dad Invented a Time Machine, you already know what's really going on in A Victim of Time Travel. It's a story about a confused girl whose world has been turned upside down. Basically, it's MDIATM from Jessica's perspective.

I started writing what will probably be a longish short story. It's an idea I've kicked around for 10 years or so and attempted to write a few times without much success. But the story won't leave my brain, and I felt it was time to get it out once and for all. I don't really have a working title for it, but the folder it's saved under is called Another Dimension. Basically, a senior in high school discovers a mirror in his closet is a portal to an alternate reality. Nothing original there, but that's not what the story is about.

I'm getting ready to start what I hope is the final draft of The Fossilized Galaxy. I thought I would have released the book by now, but the third draft, while much better than the second draft, still wasn't good enough. I think I have way too many characters, and at times, they all seem like the same person. Not good.

No comments:

Post a Comment